Thursday, May 20, 2010

Trip & Gram

For the past few months, I've been thinking about taking a trip to Cape Breton to visit my parents. I consulted with Greg who basically said that if the price is right that I should go for it. So after last week's blog debacle, I decided now was the time to go! (Plus, Westjet had a sale where the round trip cost would be under $300. How could I say no?)

The plan was for me to leave this Saturday, but then my grandma threw me a curve ball and asked if she could come. I'm so excited! Now not only do I not have to travel alone, I get to go with my gram!

You see, my grandmother has been pretty ill since January. She has diabetes and was not really taking care of herself. It was a big scare because she only has one kidney (she lost the other to Cancer a few years ago) and it had started to fail. Not good. Then, she told me that she has a baseball sized tumor above her only kidney and that she will have to have surgery to get it out. She was expecting to have surgery within the next few days, but the Doctor has given her permission to travel with me for the week and postpone it until June. I am so happy to have my Gram with me on this trip because she has only been out to see my parents once and does not like to travel alone.

I'm very excited to be visiting my parents and I am optimistic that I can get there without any issues.

Wish me luck!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you will have a wonderful trip. I love your new blog....happy blogging to you !

    ReplyDelete